Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Kindle

Over 350,000 books, newspapers, magazines and blogs

I've had my Kindle for several months now and I love it.

Years ago, before I ever heard of the Kindle or eReaders I had said to my then BF that there should be a BookMan. I hate it when others profit from my ideas.

The best feature and the reason I wanted the Kindle is it's ability to increase the size of the font. I have a slight eye muscle problem which makes it hard for me to read - especially paperbacks and being able to change font size has really helped me increase my reading.

When I was researching buying the Kindle, I learned that the technology was much more complicated then I imagined - I mean it has to be simpler than a computer right? Wrong. I won't go into details because I can't but I read almost 100 online reviews and got more information than I really needed. At the time, Kindle (exclusive to Amazon) was clearly superior but now the new Sony eReader is vastly improved and good competition to the Kindle.

What I love:
  • it's so cool, holding it makes me feel like I'm on Star Trek Voyager
  • it's so green and truly the future of books
  • 99% of the books are $9.99 or less and they have hundreds for free!
  • it is way more comfortable to hold when reading, especially in bed
  • books can be ordered and downloaded within a minute from most anywhere (3G spped)
  • works with Amazon so books can be ordered online
  • you can have a free sample chapter sent to your Kindle for most books
  • very easy to read, even at the beach in the bright sun
  • can hold hundreds of books in less space then a paperback, great for trips
  • a single charge lasts for up to 4 days with wireless on, turn the wireless off and read for up to 2 weeks
  • you can highlight any word and instantly get the definition
What I don't love:
  • it doesn't use page numbers, instead it tells you what % you have read
  • you can't give someone the book when you're done
  • no more books to put on shelves
What I'd change:
  • the only thing I might change is I would have made it like the Nintendo DS and have it so that there were two pages (like when you read a book) and it could be opened and closed.

4 comments:

  1. My best friend LOVES his kindle. He talks about it all the time. Maybe one day I'll get one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Hub gave me the Kindle for my bday... LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great! I have read your post & now I want a Kindle. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a Ken doll too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST