Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shelfari! Read, Share, Explore!

Shelfari.com is a social media site that is focused on books. Members can build virtual bookshelves, discover, rate and discuss books, and participate in online groups. I joined because I thought the widget would look cool on my blog. As you know, I technically don't read books since I have a Kindle but setting up your shelf is fun and I was surprised at how many books I have/have to read. You can join by clicking on the "GET YOUR OWN SHELF."






1984Ageless: The Naked Truth About Bioidentical HormonesHot, Flat, and CrowdedIn Defense of FoodWorld War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie WarUnder the DomeOfficial Book Club SelectionSelected Essays of Gore VidalThe One Minute Manager Anniversary Ed: The World's Most Popular Management MethodFaggotsGHOST STORY

Put a Shelf on Your Website




5 comments:

Prospero said...

Ghost Story remains one of the most effective and memorable Horror novels of all time.

Geoff said...

I've been thinking about buying a Kindle!

Sean said...

Prospero: I got it after reading your post.

Geoff: I wrote about it here http://justajeepguydc.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-kindle.html

Paul said...

If you like Shelfari, you should check out OurShelf (http://beta.rshelf.com/about).

It's like Shelfari but for everything you own. Additionally you can borrow, lend, and sell the items on your shelf. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Paul (CEO and cofounder)

Kyle said...

Sean I've been using LibraryThing for a few days now. If I find I don't like it, I'll consider giving Shelfari a try.

I've been looking at a Kindle, but I think the next gadget I really want is an iPOd Touch. Priorities, priorities.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST