Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A lost but not forgotten love

I was reminded of a lost love last night. His name was Cor, we met at a tennis tournament in DC - I won both the tournament and him. He was from Toronto, and was all my fantasy men wrapped together into one 5'7" package:
  • published poet,
  • an artist, 
  • a painter, 
  • tennis player, 
  • put himself through college gogo dancing, 
  • was in the military, 
  • has an identical twin brother, 
  • rides a motorcycle, 
  • goatee-baseball caps-pierced ears (this was 1998),
  • almost made the Canadian Olympic Gymnastic Team
  • charming, sweet, devilish, thoughtful, sexy, funny, arrogant, confident, versatile,
  • loved me and made me feel great about myself
We only had a few months together but they were magical. One of the many things he introduced me to was Anggun - Snow on the Sahara. If I remember correctly, she recorded this CD in 7 languages.


9 comments:

  1. Sean, I'm always game for Anggun's beautiful, rich, and soulful tracks. She should be better known than she is, but like many artists outside of the US, she rarely gets play time here. I'm sure most people who like club/dance music know her sound, even if they don't know who she is. I'm glad you have a connection back to memories of him through her music. I can think of no better person to be the soundtrack of such personal memories of passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! That's a big list to live up too. Maybe I should look at my list of boyfriendliness. :) I can't wait to hear the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great song. Funny how when we hear songs it reminds us of so much of past experiences.
    Lost but not forgotten loves, we all have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad things didn't work out. Bit hey-- at least you had some good months, right? And that's more than a lot of folks get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when those kind of memories come rushing back. What a list of traits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the song...it's a great track!I remember it during my days at university!
    Ummmm - that list is untoppable - your a lucky man! And I am sure he is to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, sounds like quite the guy that was. Its nice when you're lucky enough to have a person come into your life that makes you feel so special, and you still remember him/her so fondly after you have parted ways.music can hold memories forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST