I saw this movie for two reasons. First, a friend loves SJP and I thought being able to talk about the movie could help develop the "friendship." Second, I couldn't find parking so I was too late to see It's Complicated.
The Morgans are typical New Yorkers who live a rich, glamorous life and a life that for them only exists in NY. Their hectic, NY lives are aided by their dependance on their electronics and assistants. The Morgans are separated and after a "let's talk dinner" witness a murder that sends them into the Witness Relocation Program -- in Ray, Wyoming. From here you can write the movie. Very typical, no surprises, should have been titled, Hugh Grant and Carrie Bradshaw in Wyoming
- Damn! Hugh Grant is looking fine! He is aging well and shows some damn sexy legs.
- Mary Steenburgen is a breath of fresh mountain air in this mostly stale movie.
- If you ever wanted to see Carrie Bradshaw ride a horse, shoot a gun and shop in Costco (or known as Bargain Barn in this movie), this is the movie for you.
- Hugh Grant is Hugh Grant from Four Weddings, Notting Hill, Two Weeks Notice, Music and Lyrics, and Bridget Jones and there's nothing wrong with that. I like the character, his wit and sense of humor; however, this movie is the least likable.
- I'm still working on this one.
- Every scene which shows SJP's hands. She has some real old meat hooks that she doesn't even bother to put polish on. She must have a nail biting problem.
- There is no chemistry between Hugh and SJP. There's no real anger, no evidence of a glorious lost love and no passion reborn.
- There are many actors who act the same in every role but Hugh seems to play the same character in every movie. He even tells the same jokes and observations.
- I couldn't understand why I wasn't hearing Carrie's thoughts.
- It's not an intolerable movie. I sat there and chuckled every now and then, really didn't care that it was so predictable and never looked at my watch. I suggest waiting for the DVD or cable as I have for all their other movies. I just wish I had something more positive to share with my **cough** potential new friend.