Life is hard. Life is short. Life is painful. Life is rich. Life is....Precious.
- Great acting from the ensemble cast.
- Positive but realistic portrayal of a lesbian couple.
- No typical hollywood ending.
- Acts of physical violence and abuse are depicted in flashes and quickly replaced by Precious's rich, fun but all too short fantasies.
- All characters have complex stories and contributions. I did not recognize Lenny Kravitz as Nurse John but I he was sexy as always. Mariah proves she can act, at least in this role.
- It is not a true story, unlike The Blind Side, so all of Precious's pain and suffering including becoming HIV positive, in 1987, becomes questionable (unbelievable) and weakens the impact.
- Not as depressing as THE ROAD but a heavy (no pun intended) movie to live through.
- I saw the same anger in Mo’Nique's acting as I do in her standup and was expecting more or maybe something different because of all the reviews/interviews. Her last scene is her best.
- You can wait to see on DVD.
- No #5.