I saw this movie the day after seeing Precious and considering that at the core of both movies is an abused, neglected, and invisible teenager who survives with the help of other, they are completely different.
The Blind Side is the dramatization of the true story of Michael Oher, a homeless African-American youngster from a broken home, taken in by the Touhys, a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential. At the same time, Oher's presence in the Touhys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, the teen faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome. As a football player and student, Oher works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, becomes an All-American offensive left tackle.
- Sandra Bullock - after just 5 minutes you know everything about her character, what she'll do, why she'll do it and how she'll do it. Not because the character or her acting is one dimensional but because it is so clearly written as are the characters around her.
- Yes, this movie is as much about Leigh Anne Tuohy as it is about Michael Oher and it may be "white washed" but it is a true story, you know how it ends but it is the trip that is so enjoyable.
- I was smiling during the entire movie except for when I was fighting back tears.
- Make sure you watch the credits when they show actual family photos. You can see in the photos what a force of nature Leigh Anne is.
- Sean Jr (SJ) - this kid is a scene stealer and oh so fun to watch.
5 MORE FOR:
- Tim McGraw (Sean Sr) - not the sexy, hairy chested, black hat wearing, looks so hot in his tight jeans and boots singer who you just want to have hot sweaty sex with but the sweet, sensitive, handsome, good humored lover/father we all want to bring home to mom.
- The new blue print for what christian republicans should be and do.
- Kathy Bates - LUV Her! She has the funniest line in the movie.
- The Tuohy's are the Ozzy and Harriet of the new millennium.
- The power of can be done and what needs to be done.
Tomorrow - Brothers with my Jakey who we see in nothing but a towel in the first 5 minutes!