Thursday, February 25, 2010

THIS IS ONE SAD LOOKING MOVIE


I saw Shutter Island yesterday (5 FOR / 5 AGAINST coming soon) and among the numerous trailers was this for the remake of Death At A Funeral. In addition to looking like a movie I really want to miss, Death At A Funeral is either bucking the trend set by A Single Man and Valentine's Day of hiding it's gay subplots or it's going to exploit it -- and not in a good way. Even a naked James Marsden couldn't get me to see this movie. You be the judge, the gay jokes are at the end of this trailer. Prospero, I think you nailed this one.

11 comments:

  1. This is one that I want to see. The previews crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the british version, I plan on missing this one, but I do think its kinda cool that the secret lover is played by the same man in both versions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob - I think if you haven't seen the original British version, you should. I think it came out in 2007.

    Steven - I actually think he's kinda hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw the trailer and wondered if they were consciously trying to offend as many different groups as possible. I'm curious about the naked James Marsden but will wait for stills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the British version and thought was hysterically funny. My guess is this one will lose the wit and go for the crude, and thereby lose all the charm...

    Rent the original Brit version instead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The English version is wonderful.
    I'd see that one again before I see this needless rehash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I blogged about this movie a while back. The original is hilarious and very British. Why there needs to be an African American version is beyond my ken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "...a naked James Marsden."

    So much right with that phrase...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sean, this is one of those times where they should have left a good thing alone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST