Saturday, March 13, 2010

SIGN THE PETITION

Johnny Weir was not invited to participate in the Stars on Ice U.S. National skating tour because tour producers feel that he is not, ahem, "family friendly;" code for homo, There have been loads of rumors that the tour producers and sponsors--one of whom is Smuckers--feel that Johnny is too gay. For ice skating. That's like saying women lumberjacks might be too lesbian for a log rolling competition. Go HERE and sign the petition asking to "Let Johnny skate!" Dammit!

Thanks to Bob at I Should Be Laughing
I was the 7,676 signer.

9 comments:

  1. thankfor bringing this to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he's NOT "family friendly". In fact, he's not particularly friendly to anything or anyone, except himself.

    Also, he's not that great of a skater.

    There. I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven and Wannabe - thanks

    Anon - you obviously haven't seen his show on Sundance. He is very out spoken but never rude to anyone who hasn't been rude to him. What he does off the ice for his fans and for kids is above and beyond.

    As for "family friendly" what they are really saying is because he's gay and that is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ONLY reason I'm not signing, is because if they do invite him and he accepts, he won't be able to do his own show and keep all the money for himself. And if they DO invite him, I hope he tells them to stick up their asses and goes out and does his own show, anyway.

    And why is my Capcha verification word "taing?" Sounds like someone with a speech impediment trying to say "taint."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed and was #8,358. How rude of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just signed on but forgot what number I was.

    --R.J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They say "not family friendly" because they don't have the balls to say what they really think.

    Signed. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not family friendly my ass. I was 9383. I want my family to be able to see Johnny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST