Thursday, April 22, 2010

CYNDI'S NEW ALBUM COVER


Via Pop In Stereo: "Cyndi Lauper has revealed the artwork for her eleventh studio album Memphis Blues. The album will be release on CD and LP June 22, 2010 via Downtown Records."


I'm so excited but I don't understand releasing music on LP's. I know Kenneth in the (212) posted about a resurgence in LP releases but I don't get it. I'm also waiting for the new/proper way to refer to my latest music purchase. Saying, " I just go the new Cyndi download!" just feels awkward to say. Also, is it really Album Artwork (as iTunes lists it in it's Advanced tab) if there isn't actually an album? And who buys cd's any more?

10 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

Im guilty of still buying a cd now and then(he says sheepishly)

Michael Rivers said...

I still buy CDs for certain artists. But I'm slowly making the switch to downloads for everyone.

Prospero said...

I still buy CDs and books. I like the physicality of them. And my music collection isn't gone if my motherboard fries.

I adore Cyndi and all she does, though her last two albums were 'meh,' at best. I'll save judgment until after I've heard it.

Rick said...

I recently had a similar discussion: Are they still albums? Technically an album is a collection of something, in this case songs. I guess we just can't say "record" anymore.

Mike, Studio city said...

I'm sorry, what was the question??

Robbie said...

I still buy CDs but I'll likely switch to downloads only soon since I now use iTunes.

Writer said...

Vinyl has made a big comeback. Especially since Cyndi will probably get remixed a lot and DJs LOVE vinyl. For a while, I had a friend who bought nothing but new music on vinyl and that was in 2004!

Stephen said...

Cyndi sure has been good to is gay guys. huh?

Kyle said...

Sean, we still buy CDs and books, although we always buy things used. Let some other fool who has to have something the first day pay full price. I like the safety of knowing my music collection wouldn't be gone if my computer dies or my backup is corrupted. It would bankrupt us to have to replace our music if we lost all of it.

DJs love vinyl, so if something is going to be dance release or is likely to be used as a mix, I can see it making sense.

Gary said...

Like Prospero, I also still buy CDs and books; CDs for the paperwork and information that comes with (album cover art is a lost genre), and books because I dislike reading lots of text on a computer screen.
I don't think we can say "record" anymore. I'm not even sure we can say "album."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST