Sunday, May 9, 2010

BETTY WHITE HOST'S SNL: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

So how'd you like it?

I thought it was really good but not great. The opening monologue was brilliant, the NPR skit was my favorite and I even thought the MacGruber bits were funny. I will say that I didn't find a single skit worthy of cringing or hitting the ff button. Most times I'm lucky to watch 25% of the show.

I do question all the gay jokes - although I'd still do Will Forte even in that outfit and mustache. Also, I think they needed to use a bigger font on Betty's (it seems strange for me to call her Betty) teleprompter/cue cards. I was distracting to see her lean in and squint but I won't hold it against her.

6 comments:

  1. I dvr'd it and doctor...I will be enjoying them both tonight;)

    have a great day;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought she was terrific. The show, itself, a B-. But it was great seeing so many of their best former performers again.

    And I'd do Will Forte any where, any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that it was one of the best SNL's in a while. Betty White did great, but we did not need to be reminded every skit of her age. I would say B+

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed it. I think I liked the Scared Straight skit the best...and I'd do Jason Sudeikis even w/ Biden's hair plugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, they tried too hard w/her. WAY too hard (that's what she said).

    It was ok, but like every other SNL episode past 1979, the peaked at minute 7 and it was all downhill from there.

    Why they cut the Debbie Downer skit, I'll never know. Rachel Dratch was completely unused. Shame.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST