Friday, November 26, 2010

HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY TO MISS TRUVY

It was eight years ago today when I walked into the DC Animal Rescue Center and saw you there. You were so cute making eyes at everyone, begging for attention and offering tailwags and love in return. Then your lunch came and all bets were off (still are at dinner time) - I left you to eat and I went to checkout your fellow inmates. When I came back, you were curled up in a ball, peacefully sleeping amidst the chaos of barking dogs and cage banging strangers. It was at that moment that I knew we were meant to be together.

My friends all say that you won the puppy lottery the day I brought you home but it was really me who won. Happy Birthday!







17 comments:

  1. What a sweet cuddle bunny...Happy Birthday :)

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ms Truvy! Also from Julius.

    BTW, those Jacquie Lawson cards are from us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Truvy! What a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Truvy. may you have many more happy years with a Master/ freind who found your forever home.

    Hugs to the both of you.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a nice doggy! She looks a lot like my childhood dog Sandy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, she's a cutie! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! The next to last is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a sucker for these doggie pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Abandon hope all ye who enter here."
    I scorned these words, that once held holy awe;
    I banished Satan with a knowing sneer
    And vanquished sin with scientific law.
    Insisting that the spirit of our age,
    The fruit of intellect's unfolding flower,
    Had made Hell obsolete, an empty cage,
    I eloquently scoffed about sin's power.
    But then, between some rusty bars, I met
    The trusting gaze of one condemned to die
    For others' sins; and seeing the date was set
    For civic mercy's sting I could but sigh.
    Bereft of speech I stood within that jail;
    There eloquence was hers: a wagging tail.

    -- Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. No good deed goes unpunished:what a cutie. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww! happy birfday Ms truvy! I think you both won

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sean, those are great photos! Ms. Truvy is a cutie. I love the one with her toy and the one where her head is on the pillow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST