Thursday, December 16, 2010

MEET MAGGIE MAE


Meet Maggie Mae. She is my nephew's newly rescued, six month old, mostly labrador puppy. She is black as night accept for a white patch on her chest and unexpectedly quite a handful. When they adopted her, her family had to give her up as her mistress had contracted leukemia, they where under the impression that she was well trained. NOT TRUE.

As it turns out, all the things they boasted about her doing - house broken, heeling, sitting, not going on the furniture, not jumping on people are actually behavioral issues. She doesn't really listen and I find her really exhausting. Miss Truvy and The Tramp don't like her too much either but I think that has more to do with the puppy/mature dogs dynamic.

Hopefully she'll calm down as she settles into her new home. Time will tell.

8 comments:

  1. she is lovely, I'm sure with time and love she will settle in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Female + big breed + short hair = LOVE. She's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magie Mae sorta like Sadie Mae my dog. The dog is a puppy remember that, as if it was a child that needs guidness. Trust me when we first got Sadie Mae here she was anything but quiet. Now she has sorta calm allot down, but she is still a puppy. In time I think your dog will grow out of the puppy stage. But be patient with the puppy. It has been pleasure to meet Miss Magie Mae the wonderful looking puppy.

    Hugs
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably won't believe this, but I dreamt about this very dog the other night. I dreamed that I rescued a black lab from a shelter and two days later a guy showed up trying to take her from me, claiming he'd seen her first. I woke up before it was resolved, but I remember that I was determined not to give her up without a fight. I had even named her "Maggie Midnight." Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a lovely dog. Your nephew will, with some guidance from you, have a great friend in her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a cutie for sure. She's still a pup and the time to start training her is now! Mine jump on the furniture and people because I let them do it when they were 2 months old. Now 75 pounds later they still want to. My fault I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delight. She looks so sweet. Most of the issues will work themselves out over time, but with some they may need to be very persistent/dutiful with her to let her know what is expected of her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST