Thursday, January 6, 2011

FROM BEEF CAKE TO BUNT CAKE

My nephew's puppy, Maggie, found the cake especially tasty.

Just before Christmas, Mark of Tales of the Sissy, posted his recipe for an Eggnog Bunt Cake. It sounded yummy and easy and was designated as one of the desserts I would make for Christmas dinner.

For the cake, use your favorite white cake mix; substitute eggnog for the water; and use the whole egg instead of just the whites and bake according to direction. After the cake cools, cover it in a simple glaze of powdered sugar and water.

Everyone loved it and my mom, who is not a cake lover, asked me to make again since there wasn't any left over.

Thanks for the great recipe Mark. Next up, his Cranberry/Orange Bunt.
Maggie looks all innocent but is anything but.

8 comments:

  1. I made this cake as well, but I couldn't find my bundt pan, so I made it like a regular sheet cake... and used vanilla icing and sprinkled some nutmeg in the batter and on the icing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing! I have a bit of egg nog left over from making three egg (to die for) pies. My taste buds were craving an egg nog cake (looking for texture now.) Thanks for the recipe!

    I eagerly anticipate seeing your recipe for cranberry-orange bundt cake. Another fav of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a good dessert for Saturday. I think I'll give this cake a try. Thanks Sean & Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand where you are coming from. Sadie mea does the same thing. puppies don't you just love them.

    Hugs
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly acceptable segue-beefcake to bundt cake. Both tasty treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you and your family liked it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST