I knew all was lost (I'm talking about the movie not necessarily the ending) when after the title they spent the next 20 minutes doing character development. At first there were some intense moments but they quickly faded to just plain bad war movie cliches.
- The world's reaction to a massive incoming meteor storm.
- Aliens are going to fight a land war?
- Aliens from another planet don't have air capabilities?
- Marines use paper maps and not GPS?
- A bus? Really?
- Don't they have sewers in Santa Monica?
- Is Santa Monica part of LA? I thought this was Battle of LA not Santa Monica.
- They didn't think the FOB's would be taken out?
- They thought the missiles were gonna make it?
- Why did they keep getting into helicopters?
- They shoot an alien like 200 times but don't kill it and then they dissect one and suddenly they're killing them with 2-3 shots?
- Alien drones with their weapons integrated into their bodies are pretty lousy shots.
- No one should have survived this movie, including the audience.