Monday, June 27, 2011

TILAPIA WITH LIME: OMG! SO GOOD AND SO EASY


I'm not talking about any blogger we know and love, I talking about this recipe for tilapia. I've been doing a lot of cooking for my mom and I knew she liked tilapia so I thought I'd give this very high protein, low sodium and very low fat (we don't care about that just now) recipe a try and hope for the best.

The final result was that she thought it was better than any tilapia she'd had in any restaurant and I have a new food to thoroughly enjoy!


I got the tilapia at Costco. You get 8-10 individually vacuum sealed and frozen fillets for about $15. They take about 10 minutes to defrost.


Ingredients

  • Butter cooking spray
  • 4 (6 to 8-ounce) tilapia fillets
  • Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
  • 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
  • 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Warm cast iron pan then coat pan with a nonstick butter spray.
Rinse fish and pat dry; on one side season each fillet with salt, cracked pepper then add to the pan and season other side with salt, pepper, lime juice, save the lime zest for last. Place a pat of butter on each fillet and cook in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes. Enjoy!

11 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

Looks yummy. also is tha ta cast iron skillet you are cooking from?

Ray

DeepBlue said...

The best recipes are always the simplest!
Love me some fish! (that sounds bad, I know!)
Hugs
Jon

David Allen Waters said...

wow, that is simple....Im making it tonight :)

Peter said...

Looks good enough to eat this week.

Cubby said...

Mmmm, Greg and I eat fish 2-4 nights a week and LOVE tilapia. Glad you enjoyed it. Make a habit of it, you'll be better off.

Mike, Studio City said...

We eat tilapia often. We get ours at Trader Joe's. It is a good fish and can be cooked many different ways.

Rick said...

Tilapia is the latest rage...very yummy!

Mike, Studio City said...

Latest rage??? I have been eating Tilapia since I was a little kid. Talipia and Catfish were on our dinner table often. The only reason I don't eat more catfish now is because I like it battered and fried. Now I'm hungry.

Stevie said...

I don't usually go for tilapia though this does sound good. I like your mother's enthusiasm for the dish quite a lot.

CJ/Rick said...

Looks and sounds good. I'll have to try it some time.

Kyle said...

Sean, I couldn't have this one, but Stan I'm sure would love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST