Friday, September 30, 2011

CHILDHOOD CRUSHES: BANANA SPLITS

We've all had them, crushes on tv and movie stars. We may have been too young to know why but these  crushes gave us bit of a tingle and when we are reminded of these childhood crushes we still tingle. Each week I'll post some of mine and hope to hear your memories of them. As you'll see in this first post and I'm sure you'll agree, cartoon characters are crush worthy as well.


THE BANANA SPLITS
The Splits not only brought us Snorky, Bingo, Fleegle and Drooper they the following
plus a whole lot more.

Four words: Jan Michael Vincent!
He was so pretty and spent most of his time shirtless - yum.





THE ARABIAN KNIGHTS
Prince Turhan
Handsom, Galant, Confident
A great role model.

A man with a goatee who can change into the shape of any animal.
Very spicy.

Big and super strong. The first muscle daddy?

The enemy guards all looked alike and angry but they did it looking good.
They would definitely make MUG SHOT WEDNESDAY.

I liked them all but D'Artagnan was my favorite. 
THE ADVENTURES OF GULLIVER 
A boy and his dog, whats not to love?

8 comments:

  1. Re-runs of Clint Walker in "Cheyenne"; I didn't even like westerns but this one had him taking his shirt off. I became a faithful after school viewer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer a slightly older version of JMV, myself. But my first boy crush as a kid was also a cartoon - Speed Racer. There was a two-part episode about a race in Brazil and Speed lost his shirt in the jungle... Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever see the Australian soap Home and Away.

    When I was 8 or 9, I had such a crush on the character who played Stephen Matheson. When he was having the affair with his student Selena, I wanted it to be me instead of her so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw any of those shows... and I can't remember my tv crushes of yore... besides maybe the westerns: Lee Horsley in Paradise, the boys on Young Riders and old reruns of Big Valley with Lee Major and Peter Beck, etc... i'm into cowboys in case you didn't know! ;D

    Can't wait to see what you'll come up with in the next weeks!
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still do a great imitation of Glum.
    And Danger Island - oh the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know my crush? It was Parker Stevenson when he played Frank Hardy on the Hardy Boys mysteries on Sunday nights.

    He made me feel funny in my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parker was my favorite too although I did have a Shawn Cassidy pillowcase with Charlie's Angles stickers on my headboard - and my parents never knew.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST