Friday, October 28, 2011

CHILDHOOD CRUSHES: THE HARDY BOYS


I loved watching the Hardy Boys every Sunday night, I think, maybe it was Friday nights, anyhow, although I had a bigger crush on Parker, I had a Shawn Cassidy pillow case under my headboard that was covered in Charlie's Angels stickers. How could my parents not know I was gay?

When Pamela Sue Martin came along as Nancy Drew (or was it the other way around?) my night was complete. To this day I'd still take Parker over Shawn but Shawn got bonus points for having the same first name as me, even if was spelled differently. He was one of the first Shawns I ever new of besides me.
As for Parker, hair or no hair he still stirs that special feeling. Then when Kirstie Ally let it rip at the Emmy's thanking Parker for giving her the BIG ONE! do I have to say more?

10 comments:

Kelly said...

I loved me some Shawn Cassidy... my dad had to take me to see him in concert!! Da Do Run Run... loved roller skating to his music...ahhh... wait... I am showing my age... where's my vodka? have a great weekend...

Ray's Cowboy said...

I wanted Parkere aswell.

WOOF
Ray

Prospero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prospero said...

I knew it had to be Parker after Kirstie Ally thanked him for giving her "the big one."

R.J. said...

I think we all wanted Parker back in the day.

Wonder Man said...

yes we did

D@vid said...

I was in love with the Hardy Boys... but really wanted to be Nancy Drew.... I got the nancy part right, that's for sure.

tamayn said...

I think I'm going to have to give it to Shaun here though. I mean, he's wearing what looks like a white jean shirt. That takes balls.

cb said...

This is so funny, because I bring up the Hardy Boys Mysteries when people ask me when I knew I was gay.

It was when I had a crush on Frank Hardy... aka Parker Stevenson.

CJ/Rick said...

I heard that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST