I took my mom, dad and aunt to the movies and our favorite diner. My Aunt is one of mom's sisters, she's just 58 and her son is a helicopter mechanic in Afghanistan. It was mom's choice to see Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol despite non of us having seen MI's 1-3. So we went.
Dinner was very good as usual ( had the best chocolate moose cake) but the movie was a really pleasant surprise. You didn't have to see the previous movies to enjoy it or to follow the plot which was pretty solid and tied up all the loose ends. Loose ends are a pet-pieve.
- Jeremy Renner - "Next time I get to seduce the playboy millionaire."
- Simon Peg - Shaun of the Dead, Scotty in Star Trek
- Locations - real or CGI the cinematography was great. Definitely a big screen movie.
- Numerous bits of very good of comedy. The movie didn't take itself too seriously.
- Tom Cruise
- Tom Cruise - hard to get past the crazy.
- Tom's hair.
- Old mad scientist able to beat-up Tom Cruise one of the best agents in the world? Twice?
- Removing/breaking windows over 100 stories up is like opening a door on a plane. Right?
- Obvious hint that there'll be an MI 5.
- Automated parking garage.
- Gagets - spy movies may have replaced scifi as predictors of future technology.
- Shinny, tight fitting suits worn by Renner and Cruise - highlights very nice asses and crack sweat.