Friday, June 1, 2012

JIMMY CONNERS: CHILDHOOD CRUSH

I wasn't really into to sports as a kid but I loved tennis and I loved Jimmy Conners and Chris Evert (probably Chrissy a bit more but I didn't fantasize about her).

Jimmy Connors has won more titles, more matches and been #1 in the world for longer than anyone else. He had great hair and legs, a don't fuck-with-me attitude, incredible drive and determination and he was engaged to Chris Evert.

I loved to watch him win and even styled my game after his - Irish temper - but mostly Chrissie's. They had similar games: two-handed backhand, great ground strokes and passing shots, intense focus, controlled the game from the baseline and could chase anything down, she was the ice to his fire.

Ya gotta love the 70's.
d





I miss the short-shorts, not the extra socks so much.




3 comments:

  1. anne marie in phillyJune 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM

    oh my (swoons)...

    yeah, the hair, the shorts, the bell bottom pants. and look, the high platform shoes for girls; in fashion once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the short shorts, too. I can't understand why the likes of Andy Roddick insist on wearing skirts on the court. The Europeans are much more stylish (and sexy) on the court these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I thought I was the only guy with a crush on Jimmy Connors! As an adult, my friends thought it was hilarious when I told them I used to drool over him, they didn't understand. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST