Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WORLDS 1ST VIRTUAL GROCERY STORE


I read this over on VJ Brendan (luv this blog), loved it and wanted to share it. I could see how this would work and could be a real money saver for stores and time saver for customers. However, I'm very tactile and love to touch and feel everything (minds out of the gutter saith Blobby), it would drive my ex cray-cray, so I'm not sure how I'd really like it. I'd love to see how the order prep system works.

Worlds First Virtual Grocery Store...


Worlds first virtual grocery store opens in Korea, shelves are lined with LCD screens, shoppers tap the items they want and the goods are processed and packaged at the registers ready when the shopper finishes.

3 comments:

  1. I think it would work well if you had a list, but if you were impulse buying it might be difficult to gauge how much 'physically' you'd bought. I work on 10 Euros a bag as an average, but with this you could over purchase. How does it cope with loose fruit and veg where you need to see the quality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim - i imagine you can pick out perishables yourself, however, for years now, major supermarkets here have had online service including perishables - very popular in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was called Service Merchandise in the 1980's. Same concept, except real items were on display, and you wrote down the sku number and rest is virtually the same.

    I think a lot of people are tactile, so I don't see this jumping to America. Besides, we like shopping, even though ordering online is cheaper and easier.

    This sort of grocery shopping may impress share holders, but its clearly based on a concept that died years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST