Monday, September 17, 2012

UPDATE: OUCH!


This started out as pimple (or something) and quickly became this. It's just below my hip and I'm afraid it could be bad. If it is, commenting will be light but I've got posts set up for the next few days.

Wish me luck.

UPDATE: Went to the doctor. It's a bacterial infection that has become grossly infected. I have several similar bumps on my neck which I thought were different but aren't and they are not infected. I have an antibiotic but if it doesn't improve in two days, I may need IV antibiotic treatment. **Gross alert** I wrote this post Sunday night. This morning, while getting ready to go to the doctor, it erupted! A steady stream of very thick blood (probably had some puss in it) just oozed out for about 30 seconds. If I hadn't been so festinated, I probably would have passed out. :) Some how I remained calm and went to the doctor thinking I was going to end up in the hospital. I didn't and hopefully the antibiotics will work.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and suggestions.

11 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

ouchie! looks like a boil; I've had them before.

sending you good vibrations and smooches!

Bob said...

Get thee to a doc-tah!

Erik Rubright said...

Eww... to a doctor you should go!

Peter said...

OMG ! What bit you? See a doctor and soon.

Cubby said...

Ewwww.
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/boils

John Gray said...

you need some antibiotics!

Jon said...

Let's not jump to conclusion nor panic before you get a professional's opinion.

Hugs
Jon

Prospero said...

Get better!

Anonymous said...

Keep it clean and flush it out when you change the bandages. Don't be surprised if you get a shot of antibiotic to start working from the inside out vs topical ointment. With Mrsa and ecoli running around you don't want to take any chances. Good luck!

Stan said...

you may need IV Vancomycin but if your lucky the doc can administer it in his office. Take it from me do anything to stay out of the hospital. Good luck!

Kelly said...

My hubby had similar thing happen right below his but cheek several years ago, and ended up having surgery...but his was MERSA... had to stay in hospital for 5 days...arghhh... so be glad you caught yours somewhat early... hope the antibiotics work for you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST