Friday, March 29, 2013

UPDATE: ME

Mom continues to do fine, me, on the other hand, I checked into the hospital last night (Friday).

I think I mentioned that I had an abscess. It didn't respond to the antibiotics and I had started running a fever Wed. When I spoke to my doctor on Friday (yesterday) she wanted me to go to the ER. They determined that I needed IV antibiotic treatment and that would require checking in. Ugh! There was also the pesky side affect of the antibiotic my doctor had prescribed that seemed to be affecting my kidney function. My kidneys are mostly normal but their function was compromised almost two years ago thanks to a reaction to a new medication. Now I have to be careful when using any kidney based medications or vitamins/supplements.

So here I sit, one floor above my mom, almost directly above her - I'm 481, she 387. I have a private room (SCORE!) and good wifi and cell reception. I haven't spoke to the doctor today so I'm not sure how long I'm in for or if I'll be able to visit mom.

One day at a time.


7 comments:

  1. "One day at a time." is right! Get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, keep me posted! I hope you are well on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get better soon. This is terrible that both you and your mother are in the hospital at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to a speedy recovery for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeeeeeee! when are the doctors going to release you? {{{{{hugs}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a bad weekend healthwise, Sean, and I missed this. So sorry and hope you are on the mend. IV antibiotics work amazingly quick.

    LUV YA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST