Saturday, March 16, 2013

UPDATE: MOM

Mom continues to remain stable, has had no setbacks and is very gradually improving. She is still on the Michael Jackson drug which severely limits her awake time and mobility. They don't like to keep them on the drug too long and may start weening her today (Saturday) but the longer people are on the drug, the more they are able to fight through it and wake up a bit. Yesterday she was able to write with a pen, attempted to speak (even with a tube in her throat) and was able to communicate that her throat hurt, wanted water and pain killer.

If you heard me coughing the last few days, you'd have thought I was coming down with pneumonia so I stayed home yesterday daytime (Friday) and had it checked out. I didn't feel sick at all but I did sound horrible. It was very strange having to make a doctor's appointment when I've been spending 12 hours a day in a hospital surrounded by doctors (two of which are also mine) but I didn't feel like I should be asking them and they didn't offer (not that I coughed in front of them). The diagnosis was that I just have some sinus congestion and the post nasal drip was causing the cough. So I was cleared to go back and spent my 4th night sleeping next to my mom in a chair.

With the sedation, it's not likely she'd need me and with the way I've been conked out, I'd doubt I'd hear her but just knowing I'm there I sure she can feel my energy and should something happen, the nurses would wake me and I'd be there.

While waiting to see the doctor, I finally went and bought my iPad. I got the mini, it felt better in my hands (you hear me say that often about a small item feeling better in my hands) and was easier to type with. We're able to use the hospital's wifi while sitting with her so during all that quite time I'll be able to stay connected. I'm not sure how to blog with it yet and saving and adding pics to posts seems more difficult but I'll figure it out.

Thanks again.

Sean

8 comments:

  1. thanks for posting about your mom! good thoughts for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, hope your Mom continues to improve, and take care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to her she's doing better. Hang in there, and congrats on the new purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean, I wasn't aware of your Mom's illness until now. I am very sorry for you and your family. My Mom died of cancer at age 69. She only lived 6 months after diagnosis. I really feel for you all. I will keep her and you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your Mom feels your constant love and presence. Love is so strong!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of you. I hope she continues to show improvement

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sean,

    My thoughts are with you and your Mom during this difficult time.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST