Thursday, March 14, 2013

UPDATE: MY MOM

The past 48 hours have been very intense. I've spent the past two nights (5pm - 9am) sitting next to my mom, first in her room and then last nigh in the ICU.

After my post the other day, they are all starting to blend, we had good news that there is no clot or floating mass in her heart. The next day she went in for a procedure to drain the fluid from around her heart and she coded just as new Pope stepped from behind the curtains and waved to the crowd.

She came back immediately but had trouble later and was taken to the ICU where she coded again but again came back immediately. They then had to operate to remove the fluid around her heart and find a source of bleeding. I won't go into anymore detail and couldn't really if I tried.

She came through the operation but was on a ventilator, we new this going in, but continues to improve and at this time is exceeding expectations. She is still heavily sedated, on the Michael Jackson drug, but will be weened off later today or tomorrow while at the same time they start to take her off the ventilator.

We know, and have known, that her time is limited but we weren't quite prepared for yesterday's events. With the fluid removed she could see some improvement but she'll stop the chemo and most everything else. The goal at this point is get her off the ventilator and home and comfortable.

If she can't be taken off the ventilator, different from a respirator, the abiding by her wished (and ours) she'll be taken off the ventilator and let nature take it's course.

Obviously new blogging and commenting will be sporadic at best. I have a number of posts completed way in advance so expect to see those.

Thanks again for everything.

14 comments:

  1. Sean,

    There is a whole community of your blogging friends and readers who are standing with you and our hands are on your shoulders. We are with you man and our spirits are sending all the good will we can to you, your Mom and your family. Peace brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers for your Mom and you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just take care of your Mom as best she needs, Sean.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you and your family. you all will decide what is best for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be with you Mom and family. Blogging should take a back set. My thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my prayers.

    This reminds me of when my oldest sister was ill. We were not prepared for how suddenly the end came when it happened. Unlike me, I hope you get a chance to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes and positive thoughts for you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have your Mom, you, and your family in my thoughts. Your pain as you go through this must be unbearable. I know the doctors are keeping your Mom pain free.

    Hugs,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sean -

    You and your Mom are in my thoughts. I'm terribly sorry to read about this update.

    BosGuy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to read of this turn of events. It must be very stressful for all of you. Take care of yourself so you can take care of your mom and be there for her when she needs you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My thoughts prayers are with you. If you need to talk..let me know.

    Hugs
    Ray

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback and opinions!

To include a clickable link back to your blog or to a point of interest:
Click on this link for directions:

HOW TO INCLUDE OR POST A LINK IN BLOGGER COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CROSSPOST